Google My Business is a platform that pools Google's many services into one spot, so you can effectively manage your business listing on Google.
With Google My Business, you can manage:
- Google Maps – Manage your business listing on maps.
- Reviews – Respond to reviews.
- Google Analytics – View your website statistics on your dashboard.
- Google+ – Google’s social networking platform. You can share messages, photos, videos and links to your followers.
- Insights – Information on your visibility, engagement and trends in the market.
- Hangouts – Video chat with your customers.
Why claim your Google My Business account?
Engage with customers
Engage with prospects and customers via posts, responding to reviews & Hangouts on your Google+ page. Your customers can show their appreciation with ratings and reviews, use the +1 button to endorse your content, and re-share your Google+ posts across the web.
Control your business information
Give potential customers fast & accurate contact information about your business – address, phone number, opening hours etc. Importantly, claiming your listing will stop unauthorised changes.
Respond to reviews on your Google+ page
Customer ratings and reviews help you stay on top of valuable feedback. You need a Google My Business account to be able to respond to reviews.
Be found in the local search results
Increase your visibility within local search results in both Google Search and Google Maps – across all device types.
Make AdWords more effective
Google now requires a verified My Business page to be linked to your AdWords account if you want your address to display with your ads. This increases the size of your ad and takes valuable search page real estate from your competitors.
Make it easy for customers to get in touch
Give customers the right info at the right time, whether that be driving directions to your business in Maps, hours of operations in Search or a phone number they can click to call you on mobile phones.
- Totally completing the verification process for your Google My Business page;
- Creation and publication of a cover photo;
- Add your listing to the correct Google categories (helps local search rankings);
- Creation and publication of a profile photo;
- Enter all your correct business contact details;
- Ensure the map marker location is in the correct spot;
- Add the hours of operation;
- Write introductory paragraph about your business;
- Link it to your Google AdWords account (if applicable);
- Optimise and add any photos you would like included.